četrtek, 12. september 2019

Becoming my own unconditional comfort and gentle presence

When I was little, we had a dog named Riki. Every-time I felt sad, powerless, hopeless I went to him - as he didn't judge me, he didn't mock me, he didn't promise that it will be better soon, he was just there for me with his 'sad', understandable eyes and warm, soft fur.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to exist in desire to have a pet / a friend who would just be with me in unpleasant moments and offer me unconditional comfort and gentle presence.

When and as I see myself craving for outside source of unconditional comfort and gentle presence in moments which I define as unpleasant -- I stop and I take few breaths.
I see, that sometimes a friend/pet is available and willing to comfort me, other time not. In second case I will have to become that gentle presence for myself.


I commit myself to stop relying on others/pets to give me unconditional comfort and gentle presence and rather become it. Through the hug, something warm, few moments of silence...



Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar