sobota, 7. september 2019

Gaining weight : 'You have to do somethiiing!'


Every time my mother sees that I've gained weight, she starts bugging me that I can't continue like that with words 'You have to do somethiiing!'-- although she was quite fat and she didn't managed to lose her weight - until she got gastric bypass.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to judge my mother as two-faced, because she request from me to deal with my weight despite that she couldn't deal with her weight on her own.

I see, that she got very negative attachments regarding gaining weight; she was ashamed of herself and dissatisfied with herself, she was quite sad and hopeless, she was judging herself through the eyes of others (especially my father’s)... She doesn't want me to go through same experience, therefore she shows her worry through reminding me to change myself. And because she doesn't know how, she keeps saying that I have to do 'something'.

I commit myself to stop judging her as two-faced and comparing our situations. The content of her massage is actually commonsense - I have to change my eating and exercising habits. As far as it concerns the way she says it - it's my responsibility to stop reacting on it - because I ‘know’, that she will not change her way.   




Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar