nedelja, 5. januar 2020

Excited + happy : expectations : frustrated + grumpy


One day my partner expressed the desire for French fries. We were already in the car, but the hour was very late and we couldn’t remember where could we get one at that time. We went home and I’ve remembered that I have a package in freezer. I felt excited + happy, because of knowing that I can fulfil that specific desire of my partner.
But… I fry food very rarely and it has happened that the oil was not hot enough when I put potatoes in it… or maybe I put too much potato in it at once. Thus oil didn’t babble and the potato sucked it in too much. I got quite frustrated and grumpy as our expectations were not meet.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to pump the happiness and expectation within me, with under-thoughts in direction of ‘I will give him exactly what he wants… and he will appreciate me for that… and one day he will return me the favor… and they lived happily ever after :D’ + I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to consequently fall in frustration and grumpiness when my/our expectations were not meet.
When and as I see myself getting excided in belief that I will please someone dear to me and because plan may fallow according to my imagination – I stop and a take few breaths.
I see that expectation always walks hand in hand with disappointment which steps forward when the expectation is not meet.
Therefore, I commit myself to stop pumping expectations when I catch them rising within me and rather calm them down.
(While I was writing those words, I have also cooked another specific meal which my partner desired. And there was some excitement. It is facing moment right on time J)    





Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar